SSC CHSL Syllabus 2016– Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will conduct the CHSL (Combined Higher Secondary Level) Exam 2016 on 25 September 2016, 09 October 2016, and 16 October 2016. To clear the exam, aspirants must have the complete details of the SSC CHSL 2016 Syllabus. The syllabus of the mentioned exam will be issued with the official notification of SSC CHSL 2016. Here, for the ease of the candidates complete SSC CHSL Syllabus 2016 has been provided. Check the details here.
SSC CHSL 2016 Syllabus
SSC CHSL Syllabus 2016 – Written Exam
General Intelligence– This section includes the questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. Questions will be designed on Semantic Analogy, Trends, Symbolic operations, Symbolic/Number Analogy, Figural Analogy, Space Orientation, Symbolic/Number Classification, Semantic Classification, Venn Diagrams, Drawing inferences, Figural Classification, Punched hole/pattern-folding & unfolding, Semantic Series, Figural Pattern – folding and completion, Figural Series, Number Series, Embedded figures, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Emotional Intelligence, Word Building, Social Intelligence, Coding and de-coding, Other sub-topics, if any Numerical operations.
English Language– Fill in the Blanks, Spot the Error, Synonyms/Homonyms, Idioms & Phrases, Antonyms, Spellings/ Detecting Mis-spelt words, One word substitution, Improvement of Sentences, Active/Passive Voice of Verbs, Conversion into Direct/Indirect narration, Shuffling of Sentence parts, Shuffling of Sentences in a passage, Cloze Passage, Comprehension Passage.
- Arithmetic– Number Systems– Computation of Whole Number, Decimal and Fractions, Relationship between numbers Fundamental arithmetical operations: Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation, Time and distance, Time and work.
- Algebra– Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary surds (simple problems) and Graphs of Linear Equations. Geometry: Familiarity with elementary geometric figures and facts: Triangle and its various kinds of centres, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles.
- Mensuration- Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square Base
- Trigonometry- Trigonometry, Trigonometric ratios, Complementary angles, Height and distances (simple problems only) Standard Identities like sin20 + Cos20=1 etc.,
- Statistical Charts– Use of Tables and Graphs: Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar- diagram, Pie-chart
General Awareness- Questions of this section are designed to test the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions are also designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighbouring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General policy and scientific research.
SSC CHSL Syllabus 2016 – Typing Test/ Skill Test
Skill Test for Data Entry Operator
- Data Entry Speed of 8,000 (eight thousand) Key Depressions per hour on Computer.
- The speed will be tested on the basis of correct entry of words/ key depressions according to the given passage.
- Duration of the test will be 15 (Fifteen) minutes and printed matter in English containing about 2000-2200 strokes/key-depression.
- Compensatory time of 20 minutes will be given to the visually handicapped candidates (with 40% disability and above) i.e. the duration will be 35 minutes.
- The “Data Entry Speed” Skill Test would be of qualifying nature.
- Venue and date of the test will be issued after declaration of the written exam result.
Typing Test for Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant and LDCs
- Candidates who qualify the written exam will be able to appear in the typing test.
- Such Typing Test will be conducted in English or Hindi
- Typing Test will be of qualifying in nature.
- Candidates who selected English medium must have a typing speed of 35 words per minute
- Candidates who selected Hindi medium must have a typing speed of 30 words per minute.
- Duration of the test will be 10 minutes while Visually Handicapped (with 40% disability and above) will be allowed 30 minutes.
- 35 w.p.m. and 30 w.p.m. corresponds to 10500 key depressions per hour and 9000 key depressions per hour respectively.
Keep Checking CareerLive360 for latest updates on SSC CHSL Syllabus 2016..!!