UPSC Geologist 2017 Eligibility Criteria– UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist & Geologist 2017 will be conducted on 12 May 2017. Candidates who are willing to take the examination can now apply through online application form till 03 March 2017. Aspirants need to satisfy all the conditions of UPSC Geologist Eligibility Criteria 2017 before filling up the online forms as ineligible candidates can face rejection at any stage of the recruitment process. The eligibility conditions of UPSC Geologist exam have been set by UPSC to delimit the eligible candidates for the examination. Hence, aspirants need to check each and every condition of UPSC Geologist 2017 Eligibility Criteria precisely.
Below, we have listed the complete UPSC Geologist 2017 Eligibility Criteria related to Nationality, Age limit, and Educational requirement, read the norms carefully.
UPSC Geologist 2017 Eligibility Criteria- Nationality
A candidate must be either:
- A Citizen of India, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India. or (e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be admitted to the examination but the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him/her by the Government of India.
UPSC Geologist 2017 Eligibility Criteria- Age Limits
To apply for this examination, candidates must have attained a certain age as prescribed below:-
- For Geologist and Geophysicist and Chemist (Group ‘A’)– A candidate’s age must lie between 21 years to 32 years as on 1 January 2016 (i.e. he/she must have been born after 2 January, 1984 and before 1 January 1995)
- For Jr. Hydrogeologist (Scientist B) (Group A)– A candidate’s age must lie between 21 years to 32 years as on 1 January 2016 (i.e. he/she must have been born after 2 January, 1981 and before 1 January 1995)
Relaxation in the upper age limit can be rendered as follows:
- For a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe- 05 Years
- For a candidate belonging to Other Backward Classes- 03 Years
- For a candidate having domicile of Jammu & Kashmir State during the period from 1 January 1980 to 31 December 1989- 05 Years
- For blind, deaf- mute and orthopedically handicapped persons- 10 years
- For Ex- Servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on 1 January 2016- 05 Years
- For Defence Services Personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence- 03 years
For more conditions, refer the UPSC Geologist 2016 Notification.
UPSC Geologist 2017 Eligibility Criteria- Educational Qualification
- For Geologists (Grade ‘A’)– Candidates must possess a Master’s degree in Geological Science or Geology or Applied Geology or Geo-Exploration or Mineral Exploration or Engineering Geology or Marine Geology or Earth Science and Resource Management or Oceanography and Coastal Areas Studies or Petroleum Geosciences or Petroleum Exploration or Geochemistry or Geological Technology or Geophysical Technology from a recognised University.
- For Geophysicists (Grade-A)- Candidates must have a M.Sc. in Physics or Applied Physics or M.Sc. (Geophysics) or Integrated M.Sc. (Exploration Geophysics) or M.Sc (Applied Geophysics) or M.Sc. (Marine Geophysics) Or M.Sc. (Tech.) (Applied Geophysics) from a recognised University.
- For Chemists (Grade-A)- Candidates must possess a M.Sc. in Chemistry or Applied Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry from a recognised University.
- For Junior Hydrgeologists (Scientist B)– Candidates must possess a Master’s degree in Geology or Applied Geology or Marine Geology from a recognised University or (b) Master’s degree in Hydrogeology from a recognized University.
Keep Checking CareerLive360 for latest updates on UPSC Geologist 2017 Eligibility Criteria..!!